|Martínez Sánchez, Joaquín
|Matos, Ana Rita
|Turunen, Anu W.
|Antunes, Carlos Henggeler
|Krasnov, Oleg A.
|Lopes, Joao P.
in Cooperation with on an Cooperation-Score of 37%
Publications (12/12 displayed)
- 2022Monitoring and Forecasting of Key Functions and Technologies for Automated Drivingcitations
- 2022Monitoring von FuE-Aktivitäten im Technologiefeld "Batterietechnologien für die Fahrzeuganwendung"
- 2022Benefits and costs of shared, modular automated vehicles for freight and passenger transport: the case of U-Shift
- 2021Analysis and Presentation of the Development Status of Vehicle Technologies for Electrification and Automation by Creating a Technology Calendarcitations
- 2021Cost Benefit Analysis of an Innovative and Modular Autonomous Vehicle: The Case of U-Shift
- 2021Design Strategy for a Distributed Energy Storage in a Modular Movercitations
- 2019New Operating Strategies for an On-the-Road Modular, Electric and Autonomous Vehicle Concept in Urban Transportationcitations
- 2019Technologies for a modular vehicle concept used in passenger and goods transportcitations
- 2019New vehicle concepts for future business modelcitations
- 2019A highly innovative on-the-road modular vehicle and operation concept to solve today traffic issues.
- 2013Smoothed-particle-hydrodynamics simulation of port hydrodynamic problems ; Smoothed-Particle-Hydrodynamics Simulationen hydrodynamischer Problemstellungen in Häfen
- 2013Smoothed-particle-hydrodynamics simulation of port hydrodynamic problems
Places of action
New Operating Strategies for an On-the-Road Modular, Electric and Autonomous Vehicle Concept in Urban Transportation
Today commercial transport in urban areas faces major challenges. These include making optimal use of limited space, avoiding empty trips, meeting driver shortages as well as reducing costs and emissions such as CO2, particulate matter and noise. The mutual acceleration and reinforcement of technological trends such as electrification, digitization and automation may enable new vehicle and mobility concepts that can meet these challenges. One possible vehicle concept is presented in this article. It is based on on-the-road modularization, i.e. it can change different transport capsules during operation. The vehicle is divided into an electrically propelled autonomous drive unit and a transport unit. Standardized interfaces between these units enable the easy design of capsules for different use cases, while the drive unit can be used universally. Business models and operating strategies that allow optimal use of this vehicle concept are discussed in depth in the article. First, the current situation is analyzed followed by a detailed description of an exemplary business model using a business model canvas. The operating strategies and logistics concepts are illustrated and compared with conventional concepts.
- autonomous vehicle
- public transport
- city traffic
- urban area
- commercial transportation
- business model
- digital transformation
- mobility concept