|Martínez Sánchez, Joaquín
|Matos, Ana Rita
|Turunen, Anu W.
|Antunes, Carlos Henggeler
|Krasnov, Oleg A.
|Lopes, Joao P.
in Cooperation with on an Cooperation-Score of 37%
Publications (18/18 displayed)
- 2023Virtually Coupled Train Sets – Concept, Challenges and Benefits – Part 1
- 2022Technical feasibility analysis and introduction strategy of the virtually coupled train set conceptcitations
- 2021Radio Interference Measurements for Urban Cooperative Intelligent Transportation Systemscitations
- 2020Digital Urban Rail Communications with Vehicle-to-Everything Radio Technologies
- 2018The Wireless Train Communication Network: Roll2Rail Visioncitations
- 2018mm-Wave Train-to-Train Communications for Next Generation Railways
- 2018Localization of Scatterers in Railway Environments for Train-to-Train Propagation
- 2018Research paper: Measurement and Analysis of ITS-G5 in Railway Environments
- 2018Railway Use Cases for NGV
- 2017ITS-G5 Channel Models for High Speed Train-to-Train Communicationcitations
- 2017Channel Modelling and Wireless Propagation Challenges for mmWaves in Railways
- 2017Measurement based Spatial Characteristics of MPCs in Train-to-Train Propagation
- 2017Towards 5G Infrastructure - redundant Communications for Next Generation Railways
- 2016A Survey of Channel Measurements and Models for Current and Future Railway Communication Systemscitations
- 2016Measurement and Analysis of ITS-G5 in Railway Environmentscitations
- 2016First Analysis of Inside Train Communication with ITS-G5 Measurement Data
- 2016Projet ROLL2RAIL: New dependable rolling stock for a more sustainable, intelligent and comfortable rail transport in Europe. Deliverable D2.2 - Characterisation of the Railway Environment for Radio Transmission
- 2015Projet ROLL2RAIL: Deliverable D2.3 - State of the Art in Radio Technologies and Recommendation of Suitable Technologies
Places of action
A Survey of Channel Measurements and Models for Current and Future Railway Communication Systems
Modern society demands cheap, more efficient, and safer public transport. These enhancements, especially an increase in efficiency and safety, are accompanied by huge amounts of data traffic that need to be handled by wireless communication systems. Hence, wireless communications inside and outside trains are key technologies to achieve these efficiency and safety goals for railway operators in a cost-efficient manner. This paper briefly describes nowadays used wireless technologies in the railway domain and points out possible directions for future wireless systems. Channel measurements and models for wireless propagation are surveyed and their suitability in railway environments is investigated. Identified gaps are pointed out and solutions to fill those gaps for wireless communication links in railway environments are proposed.
- public transport
- railway train
- communication traffic
- wireless communication system